Thursday 11 February 2010

Feeling the love

I always knew how great my friends are, clearly I wouldn't call them friends if they weren't great. But I am so overwhelmed by the amount of support and that I am receiving, not just from friends but from acquaintances and also people that I barely know.

For example good friends are training with me, offering fundraising ideas and offers of staging events, obviously giving me donations and generally being really great. Then there are work colleagues that I don't know well like my friends but who are offering advice on training, from first or second hand experience, showing enthusiasm in my boring them with running talk all day, baking cakes for me to sell and then buying loads of cakes off me when on sale (yes even those that baked them bought them!!!) and helping organise a pub quiz.

Today I raised £90 from my cake sale at work, I have put a date in my diary for a 'Ladies Day' fundraising event hosted by a friend, got under way organising a pub quiz and had endless amounts of support by way of individual donations to my website. I am so feeling the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment